Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Another Milestone

Recovery is often tracked by reaching little milestones. Several milestones have been reached in the past few days.

Saturday I got to take a shower. Aaahhhhhhhhh! And that was just Janay's reaction to finally having me clean.

Sunday I went to church. It's been four weeks since I've been able to go. Seeing all of my supportive friends was so uplifting. Seeing my sister-in-law make her singing debut was priceless!

Today, Wednesday, the home health care company picked up their hospital bed. The only one crying as it left was Sprockett. He liked the bed because he was able to lay on it and look out the back doors to the yard. I told him either he cough up $150 to pay for another month or give up treats for the next several years to cover the cost, or the bed was going back. He had no cash stashed in his long fur and laughed at giving up treats, so the bed was loaded on the van.

Three milestones in five days. I can't wait to see what happens next week!

No comments: