Tuesday, October 9, 2007

10/09 Update

I went to the doctor on Monday and the report was very good. The doc is pleased with the healing and still isn't concerned about the drainage. He wants me to progressively put weight on it this week. I haven't stood on it yet because when we got home from the doctor my foot was very swollen. Obviously my feeling in that leg and foot isn't the greatest to begin with, but when it swells it's even worse. The best way I can describe it is, if you have ever been snow skiing, my foot feels like it does when you put those big ski boots on. Not a good time to try to stand. The good news is I managed to get my compression stocking (my man pantyhose) on before I went to bed and the swelling was 100% better when I got up this morning. I'll stand up today and put some weight it. Another step in the healing process!

The hydrotherapy has been discontinued because it wasn't effective in cleaning up the wound. We are now using a cream (thanks Dave Hubbard for the suggestion!) that is a little more aggressive in getting the dead skin to loosen up and let the new skin fill in. After two treatments we already see progress. The area on the graft site is getting better as well. It's the area where it is draining from and it had formed a little pocket. Before it got any deeper, nurse Janay put her skills to use and started packing the area with a moist dressing. It's still draining, but the pocket is not as deep, filling in with new, healthy tissue.

Overall, things are looking great! Please pray that the drainage dries up and that my leg handles taking weight. Pray that the strength to my legs, and entire body returns quickly. We are continuing to stand on God's promises and believing for a complete healing. Thank you for your continued prayers and support!

No comments: