Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hometown Hero


I've never met him, but he gave his life so I could continue to live free. Ryan Fritsche was killed in Afghanistan when his squad was ambushed during a night patrol. The link below is to a well written tribute published in the local paper.

Tribute

William Ryan Fritsche, you are a hero in my eyes. To Ryan's family and to those currently serving in the military, thank you and know that you are in my prayers.

August 5th Update: The photos added were taken as Ryan made his final trip home to Martinsville.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have not met Ryan, but he is forever a hero now resting in the arms of the one who provides us with our courage, hope & love.

Anonymous said...

You all would have loved Ryan. He was the type of person who never hurt a sole and was kind to everyone. He was smart and cared for all of his friends and family. He is missed everyday and we are all so proud of him.

Anonymous said...

You are missed Brother...