Friday, August 10, 2007

Janay - Happy Anniversary!

It all started on August 19, 1991.....my 20th birthday. I would have never guessed that the 17 year old hostess at the Waverly Inn would be the greatest birthday gift of my life. Though our versions of who was making eyes at the other the most may vary, the instant attraction was obvious. Being the suave, smooth talking charmer I was, I sauntered up to her and confidently introduced myself and told her she was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. Ok...ok....so that's what I envisioned in my head. Truth be told, I asked her if she was having a good evening while on my way to the bathroom. I didn't have the nerve to say much else to her the rest of the evening.

Fast forward to August 10, 2007....our 11 year wedding anniversary. You continue to get more beautiful by the day. What makes you special is that you are more beautiful inside than you are on the outside. I never imagined being married to my best friend, but that's exactly what you are. Life has had it's ups and downs for us and our marriage is stronger because of it. Thank you for 11 wonderful years of marriage and 16 years of happiness. I look forward to growing old with you. Happy Anniversary!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You continue to make me cry. Your love for Janay is evident and to post how you feel about her for all to read is awesome.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

The two of you make marriage look so easy but actually it is a constant work in progress. You both have made a beautiful union which has been my pleasure to observe as your Mom. Janay couldn't be any more perfect a "daughter" if I had ordered her out of a mail order catalog. The two of you are blessing to our family and I love you both. Happy 11th Anniversary. Mom

Anonymous said...

I just logged on and am honored to be the subject of your blog yesterday. Your love continues to amaze me. You make me feel like the most special wife in the world. Thankyou for your daily gift of edification and for loving me with such a Christ-like love. I love you more everyday! Happy Anniversary to you too! Love, Nay