Thursday, August 16, 2007

Surgery.....Postponed.....Maybe

The doctors office called Wednesday morning and said they need to postpone the surgery one week. The burn unit receive a new patient that is burned over 65% of her body and they need my surgery date for her. They then told me that the patient may not survive and if that's the case, my surgery will go on as scheduled on the 21st. Of course I'm ready to have this surgery to get past this season in my life, but I'll gladly postpone it so this lady can get help.

In the past 16 months I've seen many people who have suffered horrific, disfiguring burns. Some seem to have adapted to the challenge, some have not. Though my injuries have been a serious bump in the road of my life's journey, they look like a scratch compared to what others have delt with. I don't know this new burn patient.....I don't even know her name. I do know that burns over 65% of your body will be a major challenge. God knows this woman's heart and He knows what she can handle. All I can do is pray for God's perfect will to be upon her life and know that He is in control. He will take care of her, just as He will me, in His perfect time.

No comments: