Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's Healed!!

The blog entry you've all been waiting for and the one I've been wanting to post for a long time.....my leg has finally healed! I had a visit with the doctor yesterday and he confirmed what we already knew and said he didn't want to see me for 6 months.

It has been a long 20 months, but God has been with us all along and has finally seen this to completion like we have believed He would all along. Simply saying thank you to everyone for all of the prayers and support doesn't seem like enough, but it's all I can do....Thank You!

Though we may never know exactly why God has allowed Janay and I to go through this, we trust Him have stood on Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." We've been presented with opportunities to witness to others, not always with our words, but many times with our actions. We pray that we've been able to make a difference along the way.

Finally, thank you to my wife, Janay, for always encouraging me and helping me to see the end when it seemed like there was no end in sight.

The burn journey is over.......the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Matt. You and Janay are great examples of perserverance and faith. I look forward to seeing you play guitar again during P&W.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that this seems to finally be over for you and Janay. It has been a difficult time for both of you.

Off topic but I somehow missed your Kelli Pickler post until today.What bothers me is that I read, I listen, I try to understand the issues, yet she can go into a voting booth and cancel out my vote.

Drew said...

Glad you are finally finished with the leaky wheel.