Thursday, July 19, 2007

Still No Date

No surgery date yet. I'm not sure how long I can continue to be "nice" when I call them. I have learned in life that not being "nice" typically doesn't help, so I will probably just continue waiting.

Photography has kept me very busy lately. People that Janay works with have had my phone ringing often. She told me a while back that if I do good work, the word will spread quickly among her co-workers. I'll assume the ringing phone means I've done good work and people are happy. Truthfully, I get as much satisfaction out of someone telling me how much they love their pictures as I do making a little money. A mom recently e-mailed me and said that a slideshow I made from the photos of her one year old daughter made her and her husband cry. I'm sure I had a huge smile on my face as I read that. Heck, my eyes even watered a little when I watched the slideshow (I told Janay my contact lenses were bothering me).

As much as I enjoy taking pictures of people, I still enjoy just going into the backyard and taking pictures of whatever pops up. The other day I chased this butterfly back and forth while it inspected each purple coneflower next to our house. The butterfly would make its way down the entire row and then turn around and go back over the flowers it had just visited. After doing this several times, I decided I had bothered enough and let the butterfly eat in peace.

No comments: