Monday, July 16, 2007

It's a Big World

This past weekend we finished up Phase II of the wood floor project at our house (more on that later). Janay's family was doing the work while I supervised.....ok......I checked in on occasion to see if anyone needed anything and then got out of the way.

Corbin and Carly were over so I got to play with them and have fun while everyone else worked. Isn't that what a good supervisor does? It's fun to watch them explore the backyard. They like to roam around, check out the flowers and see what else they can find. When I saw them standing below the enormous blue spruces, I was awed by just how large they are. I couldn't fit half the tree in my camera viewfinder when I took the picture. To the kids, they are just another stand of trees. To me, they are just another one of God's miracles that we overlook day after day. What does it take for us to truly open our eyes and see the small miracles that surround us everyday?

Enough with the serious stuff. Corbin and Carly had fun. I had fun. I know eveyone else had fun too.......even though I worked them all like a dog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful children!

Matt said...

Beautiful children indeed. They must have wonderful parents :)

Anonymous said...

And lucky to have someone document their lives so beautifully, and I am not joking.