Thursday, August 6, 2009

July

Looks like I completely missed blogging in the month of July. I'm happy to report that everyone in the crash in my last entry is healing well. Kyle got his jaw unwired a couple weeks ago. He lost around 30lbs from his liquid diet. Mom's arm and head have healed well. She's still having some short-term memory issues, but I believe she will continue to improve with time. The accident was only two months ago and it's amazing to see how well she's doing. I thank God she is still with us and know He will continue to see her through. She returns to work part-time next week. Kayla is doing well too. She just recently got behind the wheel for the first time since the accident and did a great job. I'm proud of the way she has rebounded.

Janay got a new car on July 11th. I traded my Vette in on a Kia Soul. It's a cool little car that Janay picked out all by herself. I never thought I would own a Kia and I tried to find every reason not to buy it, but it met every requirement I threw at it, so we bought it. I enjoyed the Vette for the short time I had it, but in the end it just wasn't me. Seeing Janay so happy with her new car brought me more joy than the Vette ever did.

2 comments:

Don said...

I am happy for Janay, but trading in the 'Vette broke the heart of every man you work with who have wanted a 'Vette since they were boys. :-)

Julie said...

What a cool looking car! Congrats on the new purchase.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well after the accident. I can't imagine how hard it is to experience something like that, but thankfully they're doing well.

See you in October!

Julie (jewel99 from CC)