Sunday, June 21, 2009

Accident



As most of you know, my mom, my niece Kayla and my nephew Kyle were in a terrible car accident on June 6th. My niece was driving my mom's car with my mom in the passnger seat and my nephew in the back seat behind the passenger. According to the police report, my niece got onto the shoulder of the road and overcorrected three times before hitting a telephone pole on the passenger side.

I'm not going to go into long details, but it is only by the grace of God no one was hurt any worse than they were. The thought of losing any or all of them turns my stomach. Accidents can happen so fast to anyone. You hear daily reports on the news about serious accidents and I have to admit that many times I don't give it a second thought. Everything changes when you get a phone call that your family is in the accident.

The short ending to this is, everyone is going to heal. I appreciate all of my family a little more now than before the accident. That might be hard to understand unless you've been through something like this. Please continue to pray for total healing for everyone.

The link below is to some photos of the car, Kyle's injuries and mom's injuries. I will warn you that some of the photos are graphic.

Crash Photos

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow - I'm so sorry to read this news. My heart goes out to your family and I hope that they continue to heal and recover... it can be a long process (as you know) but thank goodness no one was killed. Life really can change in an instant.

Julie (from CC - Jewel99)

Stephen Schaunt said...

It's so sad to know how your family had gone through with the car accident that had happen with Kyla and Kyle. Thank God no one was hurt and everyone's okay except for their car that was totally wrecked.

My son had been into a car accident also just a few months ago and so we had consulted someone in Oakland auto accident lawyer and find some ways in how we can deal with this situation of ours. Here in Oakland, car accident attorneys have been doing a really great job in solving accident cases whether here in our town or in other parts of the country as well.

Alecia said...

How is this case now? Based on how the car looks, it seems it was a massive accident. It's great that all of them are safe. I'm sure this is great news for all your readers. Truly, we never know when accidents may hit us on the road. All we can do is prepare and hope for the best.

Alecia Longsworth