Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18th, 1995

It is a date I will never forget....the anniversary of my spinal cord injury. Though my life is better in many ways because of it, I still grieve at times for the things I've lost. Approximately 11,000 people in the USA will sustain a spinal cord injury this year. The majority of those injured will be young males between the ages of 16 and 30. The video below flooded my mind with memories and took me right back to the rehab hospital. Except for a few minor details, it could be a video of my recovery process. I am very blessed to have recovered as much as I have, but I pray for a full recovery for those 11,000 people injured this year.

1 comment:

Don said...

Wow Matt what can I say. I wish you could get up and walk and go shoot wildlife picture with me, but if you have to be injured I am grateful it caused our paths to cross.

Don